The purpose and mission of the Erie County web site is to increase the knowledge and communication of Erie County citizens with their county government. By promoting efficient, accessible, and affordable access to government services, the Erie County web site is to be used in an ethical and legal manner by all citizens of Erie County and the global community.
Standards and Guidelines
Erie County adheres to the highest of Internet standards, protecting its users' privacy, observing and championing Net etiquette, linking externally without endorsements, and aiming for factual and timely information throughout. To help promote the highest of standards, we expect users of this site to adhere to the following guidelines:
- By visiting the Erie County web site, users agree that they will not use the site for any unlawful activity, or use it in any way that would violate the following terms and conditions.
- This web site is governed by the laws of the State of Ohio. Any use of the web site shall comply with all Ohio local government, Erie County, Ohio, and State of Ohio laws and regulations as well as with all federal laws and regulations
- Linkages: The Erie County web site links to external web sites so that users will find reference material on county-related subjects. Erie County does not own or control linked sites and therefore is not responsible for the content included in them. Additionally, Erie County does not endorse externally linked web sites.
- Use of communication forms: The Erie County web site contains e-mail and communication forms. By using these forms, users agree to send and receive messages that are both proper and related to form topics. The following actions are strictly prohibited:
- Defaming, harassing, threatening or otherwise violating the legal rights of others, including their privacy (see below); · Misrepresenting one's person, background, or character;
- Posting any defamatory, infringing, obscene, false, or unlawful material; · Selling, advertising, or exchanging any goods or services unless expressly allowed;
- Posting any copyrighted material owned by a third party without expressly written consent; ERIE COUNTY WEB SITE POLICIES
- Any use of Erie County e-mail and forms is at your own risk. Erie County cannot guarantee that violations to the ethical code will not occur.
- Privacy: Erie County does not collect individual user details; e.g., name and e-mail address. Additionally, Erie County does not share user information with outside sources. If at any time you believe that Erie County is not protecting your privacy, please e-mail or contact the Erie County Webmaster.