Second Half 2021 Payable 2022 Real Estate Taxes will be due Wednesday, July 13, 2022
Special Tax Collection Hours
The Erie County Treasurer's office will be closed July 4th in observance of Independence Day
From June 21, 2022 to July 13, 2022 the Erie County Treasurer’s office will have extended tax collection hours:
Monday - Friday
7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Off-Site Tax Collection
The Erie County Treasurer will be hosting five off-site tax collection events at locations throughout the county. Taxpayers can make payments for their 2021 real estate tax before the due date of Wednesday, July 13, 2022. Payments can be made by cash, check, money order or debit/credit card. Please bring your real estate tax bill with you.
The upcoming collection events are:
Monday, June 27, 2022 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
– Huron Public Library, 333 Williams Street, Huron
Tuesday, June 28, 2022 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
– KeyBank, 4700 Liberty Avenue, Vermilion
Wednesday, June 29, 2022 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
– Milan Public Library, 19 Church Street, Milan
Thursday, June 30, 2022 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
– Civista Bank, 208 South Washington Street, Castalia
Thursday, June 30, 2022 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
– Firelands Association of REALTORS, 2710 Campbell Street, Sandusky
The Erie County Treasurer serves as Erie County's chief investment officer, the administrator of delinquent tax collections and the keeper of the property tax escrow account. The Treasurer serves as the county banker, safekeeper of all taxes and investor of local funds.
In the News
The responsibilities of the Treasurer include:
- Collection of local taxes, particularly the real property taxes. The Treasurer is also responsible for collection of taxes on manufactured homes and inheritance.
- Safekeeping of taxes collected on behalf of the county's local taxing authorities such as schools, cities, townships, villages, and libraries..
- Investment of undisbursed funds to earn revenue for the general operating fund.
- Serves on the County Investment Board to provide financial data, investment instruments, financial forecasting and monitor the return on the county's investments.
- Serves on the Board of Revision for complaints from taxpayers who feel the value of their property is not correct.
- Serves on the Budget Commission for approval of spending levels for the political subdivisions of the county.