OUR OFFICE HOURS ARE 8:00 AM TO 4:00 PM MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY AND 8:00 AM TO 12:00 PM ON FRIDAY.
The Erie County Treasurer serves as Erie County's chief investment officer, the administrator of delinquent tax collections and the keeper of the property tax escrow account. The Treasurer serves as the county banker, safekeeper of all taxes and investor of local funds.
The responsibilities of the Treasurer include:
- Collection of local taxes, particularly the real property taxes. The Treasurer is also responsible for collection of taxes on manufactured homes and inheritance.
- Safekeeping of taxes collected on behalf of the county's local taxing authorities such as schools, cities, townships, villages, and libraries..
- Investment of undisbursed funds to earn revenue for the general operating fund.
- Serves on the County Investment Board to provide financial data, investment instruments, financial forecasting and monitor the return on the county's investments.
- Serves on the Board of Revision for complaints from taxpayers who feel the value of their property is not correct.
- Serves on the Budget Commission for approval of spending levels for the political subdivisions of the county.