Effective August 3, 2021, all visitors coming into our office must wear a mask.
The Erie County Engineer's Office is dedicated to the care and maintenance of Erie County's system of roads and bridges and constantly provides the highest possible level of service towards the people of Erie County. To that end we commit our knowledge, our efforts, and our resources.
What We Do
The Erie County Engineer's Office maintains county roads, bridges and public drainage systems in the unincorporated parts of Erie County, Ohio. The Engineer's Office also provides engineering services for the nine townships of Erie County.
Meet Your County Engineer
Erie County Engineer John "Jack" D. Farschman, P.E., P.S., is currently serving his sixth term as county engineer. Jack is a graduate of Ohio Northern University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Erie County Engineer - 1997 to present
- Senior Project Manager - Barton Malow Construction Services 1990-1996
- Vice President Construction - Feick Contractors 1986-1989
- Construction Engineer - Bechtel Civil 1983-1985
- Senior Project Manager - Bay Constuction 1965-1981
- Project Engineer - J.A. Jones Construction Co. 1961-1964