Erie County is fully committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Erie County offers a comprehensive benefits package to all regular full-time employees (regularly scheduled for thirty (30) hours or more per week).
The health insurance program provides medical, prescription, vision, dental and group life insurance. We believe in the importance of work life balance and provide full-time employees with paid vacation, personal days and twelve (12) paid holidays.
The financial well-being of our employees is a priority, employees contribute into the state operated retirement plan called the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS)
As the cost of living goes up and the life span increases we know there is a need to save in addition to the retirement plan therefore employees are able to participate in an Ohio Deferred Compensation program. Erie County offers a choice of two 457 Retirement Plans, otherwise known as Deferred Compensation. These plans are designed to supplement your OPERS retirement plan.
To learn more about investing into your very own 457 Retirement Plan, please visit the websites of our vendors:
Insurers and group health plans are required under the Transparency in Coverage rule to make rate information available for both members and non-members. Medical Mutual will post this information starting July 2022:
· Negotiated rates for in-network providers
· Allowed amounts and historical billed charges for out-of-network providers
Per the mandate, the information must be:
· Provided in a CMS-approved format.
· Updated monthly.
· Hosted publicly (not behind log in).
How We’ll Execute This Requirement
· Medical Mutual will share rate information in a machine-readable file (MRF) format for Medical Mutual contracted providers.
· The information will be posted to a dedicated MRF landing page accessible from MedMutual.com starting July 2022.
ASO Groups must take action by July 1 to be considered compliant under the mandate
· The regulations specify that ASO groups must include a link on their own website that directs users to the location of the publicly available MRFs.
Below is the link to where we will provide access to the files:
For questions regarding employee benefits, please contact Human Resources at 419-627-6683.