Judge DeLamatre is a lifelong resident of Erie County, Ohio. Judge DeLamatre is an alumnus of Huron High School, Ohio Northern University and the University of Toledo. He graduated from Ohio Northern in 1984 with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. In 1986 he received his Juris Doctorate Degree from the University of Toledo.
Judge DeLamatre is the judge of the Erie County Common Pleas Court, Juvenile Division. He has been serving on that bench since January 2, 2001.
Judge DeLamatre has fourteen years of private practice law experience. He also served as the Assistant Law Director for the City of Sandusky, Magistrate in the Erie County Municipal Court and as an Assistant Prosecutor for Erie and Ottawa Counties.
Judge DeLamatre is a member of the following organizations:
- National Council of Juvenile & Family Court Judges
- Ohio Association of Domestic Relations Judges
- Ohio Association of Juvenile & Family Court Judges
- Ohio Criminal Sentencing Commission
- Ohio Bar Association, Erie County Bar Association
- Family and Children First Council of Erie County
- Erie County Domestic Violence Task Force