The Ohio Sixth District Court of Appeals will accept public comments until November 15, 2019, on the following proposed amendment to Rule 9 of the Ohio Sixth District Court of Appeals local rules.
Proposed changes can be viewed on the Sixth District Court of Appeals webpage at the "proposed Amendment to Local Rule" tab. (http:co.lucas.oh.us/3152/Proposed-Amendment-to-Local-Rule)
Comments on the proposed amendment should be sumitted in writing to Ohio Sixth District Court of Appeals, Attention Jason A. Hill, One Constitution Avenue, Toledo, Ohio, 43604, or may be faxed to (419) 213-4844 or emailed to [email protected]
1. How many copies of the Appeal need to be submitted?
The Court requires three (3) copies in addition to the original. Submit these along with all other documents requested to the trial Court to be filed.
2. How many copies of the Brief does the Court require to be submitted?
The Court requires four (4) copies in addition to the original. Submit these to Court of Appeals clerk to be filed.
3. I would like to obtain a copy of the Sixth District Court of Appeals Local Rules. What is the cost?
The cost for a set of rules is $5.25.
4. How long do I have to file the Praecipe and Docketing Statement after the Notice of Appeal is filed?
You have five days from the date the Notice of Appeal was filed in the trial court to file the Praecipe and Docketing Statement.
If you are requesting a transcript, the Court Reporter Certification should be filled out before filing.
5. How can I obtain a copy of the Praecipe and Docketing Statement forms?
These forms are available at the Clerk of Courts office and for immediate download on our Forms page.
6. How can I obtain copies of the decisions?
The Clerk of Court's office can process your request for copies of any Erie County decisions released by the Sixth District Court of Appeals. Copies are also available online, at the Erie County website under Public Information Case System or Supreme Court of Ohio's 6th Court of Appeals website, Supreme Court of Ohio and Lucas County their Reporter of Decisions database allows visitors to search in a variety of ways.